DirtSwimming

WHERE CHICAGO VIEWS THE REST OF LIFE.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Memory Lane: Partying at Another College Vol. 1


"Went down to Illinois State. We were at aparty that my friend knew about. We got there around 9pm. The exact words of my friend D were "Hey P, drink as much as you can at this partybecause I think everything else is dead tonight". We were 19 so we couldn'tbuy. I ended up getting pretty ripped playing quarters and 2,3,5 man. Someguy was hungry so we went to La Bamba. I ended up eating 2 Steak burrittos 'the size of your head', and was developing a bit of a bloated, gassy, stretched stomach. As we are staggering back to his place, we meet up withsome other people who say 'Hey there's this all Vodka party at So n Sos'. Everyone started following him. I heard the word 'Vodka' and nearly puked. I remember that he lived on Mulberry St. and was a 1/2 block from a dead end. I couldn't remember if his address was 315 or 513. So I figured I'd risk the 1.95 block difference. It turned out to be 315 and I passed out on the couch on his porch. That was better than the time I stopped to take a leak,the leak turned into a flood and by the time I stepped out from between two houses, they were gone. I tried to catch up but couldn't find them. I passed a party and knew that the one we were going to was on this street. I paid $5 at the door, got a cup, took another leak, drank about 4 beers, and realized I was at the wrong party. So I left and kept going and passed another house a few doors down. I whipped out my wallet again when I heard 'P, NOT THAT ONE EITHER!!!'. I turned around and they were on the porch of a house drinking. They were laughing their asses off at me and gave me my $5 back for having the guts to hang out at a party to whichI knew no one for a whole hour. College was the best."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home